What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M52A2 Fuze Cutaway Photos

Darren

M52A2 Fuze Cutaway Photos Wanted

Does anyone have any photos of a sectioned/cutaway M52A2 mortar fuze? I have a couple of these fuzes and plan on making a cutaway, i am just trying to decide the best place to cut. If someone has a cutaway example in their collection it may give me an idea where to start.

Below is the fuze i wish to cut, no markings/stampings but i am assuming that it is a M52A2?

Darren

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I have my doubts if the top of your fuze belongs to the lower part. The top part looks newer. Also , as far as I can remember I once did a post war 81 mm with a fuze that also had this brass disc in the base of the top part. I am afraid the parts were assembled because they fitted, but do not belong to one another. A wartime M52A2 with a post war top part.However....I may be wrong
Regards, DJH

Ps, for wartime versions, there was the M52 (full aluminium),the B1 (only Bakelite) and the B2 (Bakelite/Aluminium) of the fuze M52.
I think this must be a post war version.

Last edited:
Darren your fuze is the M-525 series of fuzes which is an improved version of the M-52 (more safetys in the fuze head.
Here a cutaway drawing of the fuze. Good luck with the cutaway. Erik

Attachments

• M525.jpg
    M525.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 30
Darren your fuze is the M-525 series of fuzes which is an improved version of the M-52 (more safetys in the fuze head.
Here a cutaway drawing of the fuze. Good luck with the cutaway. Erik

Thanks Erik for the info and for the drawing. A great reference there and will help a lot.

Darren