What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post War Copies of German ZZ42s

Big Dave

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
Hi does anyone know if any countries copied zz42s postwar? Any info ,countries, material made of , dates much appreicated Dave

UPM 1 Jugo, RO 1 and RO 10 Rus.

Attachments

• Bild055.jpg
    Bild055.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Bild082.jpg
    Bild082.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Bild088.jpg
    Bild088.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 61
Variations of igniters both Post war and WW2

Attachments

• post war igniters.jpg
    post war igniters.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 73
Thanks for the pictures are all these zz42 made out of plastic or steel ? i know Mad said the steel ones were for reigel mines because the plastic ones broke too easy .I have a brass zz42 in my collection and have talked to a few people and no one seems to have any idea on it , thanks again Dave

In Norway there was a production of those type of fuses at Raufoss. The body where made of brass, but now one knows why. This production was done in 1943 and therefore are not postwar.

Cheers
Freaky

Thanks for the pictures are all these zz42 made out of plastic or steel ? i know Mad said the steel ones were for reigel mines because the plastic ones broke too easy .I have a brass zz42 in my collection and have talked to a few people and no one seems to have any idea on it , thanks again Dave

can confirm this is brass i physically saw it yesterday.
Freaky this may seem a dumb question but were these made by Raufoss for norwegian use or made in norway for german use

Last edited:
This item may be the norwegian version of Z.Z. 42.

Ciao
stecol

Attachments

• NorwegianFiringDevice_02.jpg
    NorwegianFiringDevice_02.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Between the "sons" of Z.Z. 42 we can not forget the danish m/47.;)

Ciao
stecol

Attachments

• m-47_02.jpg
    m-47_02.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 32
Hi Steve this is Russian mine fuze UV ( Universal Fuze )

Attachments

• post%20war%20igniters.jpg
    post%20war%20igniters.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 20
these are German post war examples (as Steven has mentioned before), named SPRMZ DM 27 ("Sprengmittelznder DM 27" i assume).
ZZ42-successor-FRG.jpg
body is from solid plastic (much more stable than the brittle Bakelit) and there is a small felt seal around the striker.

Last edited: