What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some pictures of my pitch at Beltring

Fjordhouse

Ordnance approved
Here are some pictures of the items that i had on day 1 at Beltring

Attachments

• beltring 2009 001.jpg
    beltring 2009 001.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 202
  • beltring 2009 002.jpg
    beltring 2009 002.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 192
  • beltring 2009 003.jpg
    beltring 2009 003.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 187
  • beltring 2009 004.jpg
    beltring 2009 004.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 181
  • beltring 2009 005.jpg
    beltring 2009 005.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 177
Impressive

That is some stand!
I think the bank account would be in minus if i had made it to Beltring this year!
Are you coming to Sviland in september?

All the best
T42

Nice one bud,
mate did some nice deals with you whilst i was there, both you and he were very pleased.

Andy

That stand looks familiar :)

Had a really nice German rifle grenade box off you for a good price. Sorry I interrupted someones breakfast to ask the price!

PS - You get any S-Mine accessory boxes, gimme a shout ;)

Excellent pictures Ben. Many thanks for posting them.
How did it look at the end of the final day?

You will remember I was interested in a german WW2 large calibre case.
What are the 3 cases I have numbered.

Thanks
PC

Attachments

• beltring%202009%20005.jpg
    beltring%202009%20005.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 85
Beltring

Wow, wish we had ordnance fairs like that here in U.S., I guess show of shows in Louisville Kentucky is as close as it gets, and I would think it fair to say that it is no-where close...Dano

Hi Dano,

nevertheless to say that if you were to come over here to the show i think you would need one hell of a container to get it all back to the US. Mebbe you need a 'cunning plan' to sort this as Baldrick would say.

Andy

Hello, Number 1 is the 17 cm Navel shellcase 1917, number 2 is the 20,3 cm C34 German shellcase 1940, number3 is big 30.5 cm German WW 1, 1917, Regards Ben

Hi

Hi. Nice to have met you! I'm the one who relieved you of an SD-10, an SD-4, two SD-1s and a number of other things.

Tony

Hello Tony, nice to hear from you, i hope that you are happy with the items, i was nice to meet you, regards Ben

Ben, Miguel here. When these pics are? Monday? Wednesday? When I arrived on Thursday 2 PM your tables were almost empty!!!!!!!! :tinysmile_eyebrow_t

What torpedo is the pistol in the first and second picture from?
That is a Pi1 (or Pi G7H as it was designated until 1942) pistol. It's hard to tell the exact variant from the photo (there were also variants Pi1a, Pi1c and Pi1d).

Even though the pistol in question appearently has the extended cover housing a battery (ie it most likely have to mechanical and two electrical detonators), I have not seen any description indicating that this feature were found in one specific variant (I have seen examples of pistols of same variant with both 4 mechanical detonators, and the mechanical/electrical combo).

The Pi1, Pi1a and Pi1c were used with Ka, Ka1 and Ka2 warheads. these heads were used on G7a(TI / TI Fat I / TI Lut I / TI Lut II), G7e(TII / TII Fat II) and G7es (TX) torpedoes.

It could also be used (not approved by regulations, so it required special approvement from the torpedoarsenal) in Kb and Kb1 heads as well.

Kb / Kb1 heads were by regulations used on the G7e(TIII / TIII Fat II / TIIIa / TIIIa Fat II / TIIIa Lut I / TIIIa Lut II / TIIIb / TIIIc / TIIId Lut) torpedoes, but Pi1 would only (by approvement) be used on the TII and TIIIa Fat II.

The Pi1d is distinguished by a similar protruding cover, but this has almost the same diametre as the main housing and is not offset.
The Pi1d was a unique variant made for the G7e(TIIId) "Dackel" torpedo (it used a Kb or Kb1 warhead). It had no safety-flap as the 11metre long torpedo had so low speed (9kn to obtain the extreme runningdistance of 57km), that the waterpressure would not free the armingpropeller. It was replaced by a manual safety which was removed by pulling it out with a long rope from the deck of launch-platform. In addition, it had a self-destruction feature as it was a large risk for the torpedo to be washed ashore by the tide and thus subject to allied intelligence (ie the longer housing).

Attachments

• Pi-1 no battery-box.jpg
    Pi-1 no battery-box.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Pi-1 with battery-box.jpg
    Pi-1 with battery-box.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 20
That is a Pi1 (or Pi G7H as it was designated until 1942) pistol. It's hard to tell the exact variant from the photo (there were also variants Pi1a, Pi1c and Pi1d).
The Pi1, Pi1a and Pi1c were used with Ka, Ka1 and Ka2 warheads. these heads were used on G7a(TI / TI Fat I / TI Lut I / TI Lut II), G7e(TII / TII Fat II) and G7es (TX) torpedoes.
Uh... I must have been tired yesterday :tinysmile_angry2_t:
Pi1a and Pic pistols were variants for use with netcutters, and they did not have the "whiskers" for setting off the detonators when hitting the target at an angle... Ie: The object in question must be a Pi1 / Pi G7H with two mechanical and two electrical detonators.