What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Jap fuze

F

Fuzeman

Ive just aquired this fuze from my chinese contact does anyone recognise it please , made of brass , with a removeable gaine
see pictures thanks
I believe that the markings are T82 ?

Attachments

• CIMG0006.JPG
    CIMG0006.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 60
  • CIMG0008.JPG
    CIMG0008.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 27
  • CIMG0009.JPG
    CIMG0009.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 22
  • CIMG0010.JPG
    CIMG0010.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 45
Fuze Percussion Graze

Steve,

According to my boys' book of Japanese ammunition it is a Fuze, Percussion, Graze for the Chinese 82mm Mortar Bomb. A note in the book says they they may also be fitted to a Chinese 150mm [mortar] bomb 'but none has so far been received so fitted" (written at Kirkee June 1944).

Jap Fuze

Hi Norman
many thanks , will look at my OP Cant find any reference in Op1667 will have to raid Sandys bookcase.
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuze Percussion Graze

Drawing of fuze.

Attachments

• Chinese Fuze 82 Mor.jpg
    Chinese Fuze 82 Mor.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 43
Fuze Percussion Graze

Steve,

Its from the loose leaf binder issued to IOOs in India etc called Japanese Ammunition Leaflets. Issued out of Kirkee, poorly printed on pink paper - you may have seen the odd sheets sculling about at military fairs. I bought mine from Tim Harper, you can borrow it if you like.

Fuze

Hi Norman
Thats very kind of you thanks , at least i now know what the inside looks like , which is good news i can probably unscrew that top.
im pleased its a fuze and not a plug?
Steve

Fuzeman,
justo going over some ot the older Japanese posts, trying to see what I've missed. The clockwise swastika is a common feature on many WWII Chinese fuzes, in some cases they were captured in quantity by Japanese forces and used, but typically are considered strictly Chinese. Several of them are on display in the Chinese Militray Museum, a couple more in the Japanese EOD collection at Cp Naha on Okinawa. JO