What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USSR mines (Antipersonnel)

_Borman_

Training mines.

У-МС-3 (mine surprize) 85 year (Afganistan). (U-MS-3)

ПФМ ("Petal") (dropped from airplain and helicopters) (Afganistan) (PFM).

Attachments

• IMG_4043.jpg
    IMG_4043.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 144
Hi The Y MC 3 mine looks very similar to the PMN mine , except the MC 3 has a domed top.

Hi The Y MC 3 mine looks very similar to the PMN mine , except the MC 3 has a domed top.

The MS-3 is not a mine, it's an anti-lift device which is why it has the strange cover and the OP is referring to it as a "surprise" mine.

Hi Eodek thanks for that additional information , very helpfull.

У-ПМН-2 (U-PMN-2)
training

Attachments

• P1030596min.JPG
    P1030596min.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 84
  • P1030597min.JPG
    P1030597min.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 51
Here the Anti personel mine (PMN) and the booby trap (MS-3) as cutaway models. Both in a fired position. During laying of the mine a lead strip is pushed through the steel wire loop on the back end of the firing pin. It takes some time before the springtension of the firing pin spring will let the wire cut through the lead (takes at least 5 minutes). This forms the safety while laying and covering the mine.
regards DJH

Attachments

• M-PMN-01-Russ-sec.jpg
    M-PMN-01-Russ-sec.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 82
  • M-Uberraschungsmine MS3-Russ-01-sec.jpg
    M-Uberraschungsmine MS3-Russ-01-sec.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 83
Here the Anti personel mine (PMN) and the booby trap (MS-3) as cutaway models. Both in a fired position. During laying of the mine a lead strip is pushed through the steel wire loop on the back end of the firing pin. It takes some time before the springtension of the firing pin spring will let the wire cut through the lead (takes at least 5 minutes). This forms the safety while laying and covering the mine.
regards DJH

Yes, when you lift feet - boom.

On request, both mine and boody trap in armed position.
Left picture : a PT-Mi-Ba-III anti tank mine , boobytrapped witg a MS-3 anti lifting device. Lifting one side of the mine 5mm will set the MS-3 off.
Right picture: The PMN in armed position.

Regards DJH

Attachments

• MS-3 Below a PT-MI-Ba_III (Czech.jpg
    MS-3 Below a PT-MI-Ba_III (Czech.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 74
  • PMN armed.jpg
    PMN armed.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited: