What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What music is everyone into?

Falcon

My "creepy stuff even for an Iron Maiden fan" comment made me wonder. What music is everyone here into?

I like the "New Wave of British Heavy Metal" stuff that started in the very late 70s, and got really big in the early 80s. Iron maiden is by far the most famous of these bands, but others include Saxon, Motrhead, Witchfinder General and Tank. There are also alot of others which are all but un heard of today.

Ooooh,tricky question!
I quite like the old metal stuff Falcon but,....
If im not down in a skanky beer cellar listening to Virgin radio then im cranking up my 10-out CD player in the van listening to good quality underground tunes along the lines of Trance/Progressive or Electro.
Its got to be underground and not that crap such as Bouncy/Hardcore or other sh#te they farm out to the masses nowadays.
I cant stick the pubs that have some up-his-own-arse DJ papping on all night either.
Beat that!:laugh:

cheers

waff

Unfortunately, anything sold to the masses these days will be pretty useless. It really is a sad state of affairs when something like that stupid frog reaches number 1 or even gets anywhere near the charts for that matter.

Last edited:
I must admit that if you offered me a million pounds right now to tell you who was number one in the charts,i wouldnt have the foggiest idea!
i loathe radio 1 and all the local FM channels that you stumble into from town to town.

waff

I was talking about that stupid frog ringtone thing that got to number 1 a few years ago. Today all that anyone my age seems to like is some bloke talking about money, drugs and shooting people over a tinny sounding backing track.

Like all sorts of music from metal to abba but especially like Metallica pre black album tho,,but dont like that techno hip hoppy stuff,,and rap what the hell is that ment to be ,poetry to knocked off tunes ??

hi guys
i play in a band clubs weedings etc so i have to play 60 to 2000
this means playing radio 1 chart songs .
but the stuff i like playing i cant get paid for deep purple AC DC etc
i was lucky to own a piece of richie blackmores guitar i got at a concert
i glasgow in 1971 sold it at aution in london .
my mates brother used to get 6 tickets free every week for the apollo
in glasgow he was a usher there .
so i have seen lots of good bands over the years ?
i went to see slade as the main act and thin lizzy were support act
playing there new single whisky in the jar .
the good old days
Armystuff

Thin Lizzy-Whiskey in the Jar,that was a fave on the juke box when i first started going out on the lash and im sure it had been out a while then?.
I might have been a bit harsh on the radio 1 comment,i suppose its the tunes that Falcon mentions that bug me the most.

best

waff

I was talking about that stupid frog ringtone thing that got to number 1 a few years ago. Today all that anyone my age seems to like is some bloke talking about money, drugs and shooting people over a tinny sounding backing track.

Yes,It was a chav favourite for a long time......:hmpf: Wouldnt surprise me if some of them still use it.

waff

Last edited:
Unfortunately, anything sold to the masses these days will be pretty useless. It really is a sad state of affairs when something like that stupid frog reaches number 1 or even gets anywhere near the charts for that matter.

Would never had happened in the past. In the 70's there was quality in the charts like 'Grandad' by Clive Dunn, in the 80's St Winifred's school choir with the classic 'Theres no one quite like Grandma' and in the 90's we had the delights of Mr. Blobby.

That frog song was a hit with a capital S (I did find the video rather funny, the fact they had to pixelate his little froggy genitalia, if only they could have done the same with the 'song').

I'll stick to Pulp, Garbage and Kate Bush.

Quatermass.

I have a very varied MP3 collection covering stuff from abba to slayer. Mainly I think I listen to classic rock - AC/DC - Iron Maiden - Van Halen - Scorpions & Metallica Slayer etc but also really like stuff from the grunge period, alice in chains, pearl jam stone temple pilots, soundgarden - I'd say in a nutshell I like Stuff that I can jam along to on the guitar. Recently got a thing for the pc that I can plug the guitar into and model the sound on pretty much any of those bands, much easier than having to go down into the cold garage!

Good to know there's a few rock and metal fans on here. I like anything rock based (I can't really get into the modern mainstream stuff from the last 5 years or so - "indie", "emo" etc). NWOBHM is by far my favourite genre/era.

My decks and mixers that were in the living room have now been stripped and packed away.
Im keeping all the vinyl tunes i have as they are part of my history,when i first got into those naughty warehouse parties years ago,and shall get stashed in the attic.The decks i may sell depending on the up-coming job front.
The deck stands are being sold to finance an old banger van im buying to start my own business at the weekends.
At least i will have my 10 out CD player from my current works van if i get potted in the next few weeks.
Rooting through some 45 singles i found in the attic,i came across some Motorhead and AC/DC classics!

cheers

waff

I just re-read Q`s post about the `hit` frog song with a capital `S`!!

Winner!:xd::xd: I dont know how i missed that one first time around?

cheers

waff

I love Country and western , 1950,s and 60,s music and im a great fan of Katherine Jenkins , She can examine my fuzes any time i like her voice as well as her body.

Last edited by a moderator: