What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BUTTERFLY BOMB - SD2 and M83 ' COLLECTION '

You have a great collections of SD2.
I would like to add to my collection of manufacturers. bzz, bzp, ees, eot, eov, jjm, jqq, jqr, ?gy
View attachment 73791View attachment 73792View attachment 73793View attachment 73794View attachment 73795View attachment 73796View attachment 73797View attachment 73798View attachment 73799

I'm with Dave on this one -
Excellent collection of 41A manufacturers, great to see someone else also shares the interest.

I'm pretty certain that the ?gy one is kgy as I have one marked as such in my own collection.

I wonder if anyone else can add to the list of manufacturers of the SD2 fuzes.

regards Kev

I'm not able to upload photos for the time being, however if you click on the following link to a previous thread, see the third photo in the second post and you will see the markings on my example....

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/68341-41-amp-41A-fuzes-for-butterfly-bomb

thanks for taking the time and trouble to post the images of your fuzes mk701 much appreciated.

Last edited:
Just found this receipt for 2 of my SD2s, Really expensive how i afforded it im not sure and i had to haggle for them, times change,,,,,,, Dave

HPIM8318.jpgHPIM8319.jpgHPIM8320.jpg

Just found this receipt for 2 of my SD2s, Really expensive how i afforded it im not sure and i had to haggle for them, times change,,,,,,, Dave

View attachment 73847View attachment 73848View attachment 73849

Dave I'd think that if Alistair B could get hold of SD2's now they would be a little more than that.
If you plug the price into an inflation calculator it comes out at 650 in today's money.........so you got 2 for the price of 1!!
Nice butterfly's by the way.
Dave.

View attachment 73847View attachment 73848View attachment 73849

Two wonderful examples there Dave, well done. I have not seen a cut down 'banana wing' version other than the one you have, so its good to see they did that version too. So another one to keep an eye out for.
Always liked the green with yellow/red stripes version you have, nice condition too that one.

Nice pick ups - anyone got a time machine, Jeensey?????? Ben???? Dave?? anyone? LOL!!!!!!

regards Kev

korki aa.jpg
Today kicked together with 41A, ideally suited for SD2, whether it is from?
Hard rubber material, signed by German manufacturers.
I do not know what to call it in English.

Last edited:
I picked up some rusty relics today..............the price was right and I like them:tinysmile_hmm_t:
Now for the next project............:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
Dave.

IMG_4259.jpgIMG_4261.jpgIMG_4263.jpgIMG_4264.jpg

Last edited:
I just picked up a few butterfly bits and pieces at Stoneleigh, am well happy with them. The body is one of the HE versions, hard to find.

Dave.

IMG_4376.jpgIMG_4375.jpgIMG_4377.jpgIMG_4379.jpg

I just picked up a few butterfly bits and pieces at Stoneleigh, am well happy with them. The body is one of the HE versions, hard to find.

Dave.

Good result you did well, good to see they are still out there if you look hard enough!!
The collection grows - thanks for showing

regards Kev

WOW!! That's great!! I'm sure Kev will be very interested in that.
Thanks for showing it.
Dave.