What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More German Squeezebores

Can anyone help with the identification of the flat headed one please.

Max diameter of the flat head one is about 72mm for both front and rear flange.
Length is about 105mm

Shown next to a prac 7.5cm for scale.

Its not an SG 113A, they are larger (77mm) and are not taper bore, this one does appear to be for a taper bore.

Thanks.

Dave.

IMG_5929.jpgIMG_5930.jpgIMG_5931.jpgIMG_5932.jpg

Not to forget that the SG113 projectiles had a thread in the base for the rupturing steel rod which made up for a certain pressure in the chamber before the projectile could leave the barrel.

Just bumping this thread, does anyone have any information on the 72mm one please?
Thanks.
Dave.

Pak 41

PAK 41-4.jpgPAK 41.jpgPAK 41-3.jpgPAK 41-2.jpgBetter late then never. I just added this PAK 41 75mm to the collection (From Russia with Love). I did do some restoration work on it to get rid of the worst of the pitting - kept enough to give it character though.

Very Nice line up Dave. How hard is it to find a 75/55 Squeezebore projectile, also how expensive are these rounds/

Cheers from down under
Iain

Very Nice line up Dave. How hard is it to find a 75/55 Squeezebore projectile, also how expensive are these rounds/

Cheers from down under
Iain

Thanks Iain.
Complete rounds - I've never seen one for sale.
Projectiles - expensive even in poor condition.
I've found them to be remarkably elusive.
Dave.

Thank you for that feedback Dave!

I thought I was going to be scolded for spending too much. My wife already covers that territory quite well.

Steve

photo (3).JPGphoto (6).JPGI added a second one to the line up so that I could have some trading material for some other German goodies that only you chaps in the UK can seem to get your hands on (like a 75mm Kwk 40). I only knocked the rust off and did not refinish it.

I added one more - the HE. Now, all I need is the proper AP with the tungsten carbide core. The price went up quite a bit for this one.

Attachments

• photo (35).JPG
    photo (35).JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 112
  • photo (36).JPG
    photo (36).JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 77
  • photo (37).JPG
    photo (37).JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 75
  • photo (38).JPG
    photo (38).JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 56
Very nice round. The HE versions are generally much harder to find and unfortunately the price reflects that.

Very nice shell indeed. It was loaded with 2 kinds of explosive, nr. 91 (upper part) and nr. 1 ( lower part).

This has been an amazing thread.

My only contribution is to say that I have the following information about 40 Kw. K 40 which is believed to be a fake.
Ben referred to it earlier and US- Subs showed a cartridge case marked as such.

German Cartridge QF 5 cm AP shot (Arrowhead) (5cm Panzergranate 40).

The round is used with the 5 cm PaK 38 (anti tank gun) and has the overall length of 19.5 inches. The conical head of the projectile protruding from the neck of the brass coated cartridge case, is painted black. The weight of the complete round is approximately 6 lb. The same shot is used in the 5 cm Kw.K (tank gun) with the 11.3 inch case (6317 St), length of round 14.3 inches and the electric primer, C/22, also with the
5 cm. Kw.K 39 (tank gun) with the 16.5 inch case (6360 St), length of round 19.5 inches and the electric primer C/22.
The weight of the shot, without the tracer is 1 lb 14 oz. The core weight is 11 oz 12 dr. and has a hardness figure between 1430 and 1690.

This is British wartime research.

Last edited:
This is all I have of the 28/20. The cap is not original.

Attachments

• 28: 20 -1.jpg
    28: 20 -1.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 28:20 - 2.jpg
    28:20 - 2.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hello.
Here are my squeeze bore projectiles.
2pzwh0z.jpg

Best Regards.
Maybach

Pak 41 75mm

I finally managed to get at least one of each type for the 75mm.

Attachments

• IMG_2459[1].jpg
    IMG_2459[1].jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 82
Wow, that's truly impressive in a short period of time, and probably the only person with the set that complete. I know Fjordhouse has posted picture of 2-3 rounds in their cases, but not 4 I don't think.

However, I think there is a 5th type posted by US-Subs in the random collection of photos (I can't find the link) ....and also post #45 in this thread. it's a variant of the SprGr but I don't know it's correct description, whether Ausf A or Ausf B etc

Rich

ps if anyone can find one I'm sure you will :)

Last edited: