What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

Sorry, I forgot the label for the middle photo group.

ICE-JV-139-2.JPG

Is that simulator US?

Last image looks like a modified 107mm rocket (Chinese). Is that Vietnamese?

Yes that was a VC improvised over caliber rocket, used the 107mm rocket as the motor, but there was also a model that used the entire rocket warhead and all, and was part of a large HEAT warhead, one model used the fuze from the 107, the other fuze I can't remember fired back to the base element for the HEAT round. They also used the 122mm rocket in various over caliber rockets

No clue, I don't think it was marked on the photo file. If I can find it again I will look for the diameter.

By ogive and rotating band, it looks like 165mm. Most likely a proof of concept testbed projectile.

You are right. By the shape I wouldn't even have been able to discern the two, but, this fuze has a part the one for the 50kg bombs does not have. A delay plate with 3 delay channels. This is the lowermost part inside the firingpin tube and can nicely be discerned in this beautiful cut.
Bellifortis.
Hello Alpini,

I think the fuze is for 100kg and 300kg German Ww1 PUW. The fuze for 50kg is slightly different (longer and more pointed -picture-).

Cheers.

View attachment 83225