What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

As if the T-13 Beano wasn't dangerous enough as it was!!

Nice photos nevertheless.

I like the way that this has been done, obviously an original sample.
ANZ%2029%20a.JPG

Would I be correct in thinking that it is thin wire that holds all the pieces to the card or were some of the pieces fixed by other means?

I only ask as its difficult to see any fixing on some of the components.

regards Kev

I didn't take these photos, the best I can tell, all were attached by wire.

Photo data says 70mm, no other info. I'm kind of thinking magnesium?

70mm.jpg

It looks like the chips turned off by a lathe, and most likely magnesium as US-Subs stated.

Too bad you don't have more info on these things. The 200mm projectile looks like some of the prototypes that they tried for the Paris Gun. It ended up being a 210mm bore. The large amount of rotating band is very characteristic for that gun, but the final projos had much more band than this one.

Hallo, the 210mm projectile is another Skoda projectile. It is a concrete piercing projectile for 21cm heavy selfpropeled canon K52 (V3).
It seems that the US troops that liberated Pilsen took home some interesting souveniers :).
There should be some documentation where the photos come from.

Cheers, Bob

Attachments

• sken054.jpg
    sken054.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 46
How can it have a Paris gun relation with a factory code of 1940 and later and a WaA acceptance? Also it seems to have iron driving bands.

I just said that it looked like a Paris Gun Projo due to the rotating bands.

I could probably pull up the dimensions, but no other info is available. The body looks similar to the commercial RCA designs put out by Penguin, you can see some cutaways of penguin grenades on the previous page of this thread.