What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

Thanks Fert,

I was curious to know what is this strange shell !

From wich period ?

Do you have a diagram Fert ?

Can you tell me what are the holes in the nose ?

Cheers

Hi,
it's a ww1 shell used in 37mm L/20,6 and L/40 guns.
the holes in the nose, are part of the fuze, ame fuze but smaller was used in 25mm Fiat Mod 17 shells.
best regards

Attachments

• 37-40-20,6 rid.jpg
    37-40-20,6 rid.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 47
,,,,,,been following this thread and just wanted to thank Jeff for taking the time to post some amazing images.....
thankyou

regards Kev

14th episode of US-Subs adventure...
Every day I'm excited to discover new pictures of the walk in the museum of our hero.
What will actually happen tomorrow ?
You know it in the new episod... :tinysmile_grin_t:

Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures.

Cheers

Not sure, I've never seen one before. Sounds pretty cool though -

What is a Fuze M1 Bullet Impact used for?

I can not say for this particular one but similar systems existed (much simpler) as ignition means for bangalore torpedos. Basically the one here could be used to set off anything by shooting at it.

They were used to initate Demolition Snakes which were basically heavily modified bangalore torpedos designed to be pushed into place by a tank. The tank would then use its MG to initiate the snake. There is a bit of detail on them in at the end of demolition material section of the 1956 edition of TM 9-1900. They seem to 400 feet long! I can see it being a challenge for a tank to push it into a useful position.

I think that I have previously shown the photos, but for those that do not recognize it, the last two photos of the above group are what appears to be a US "Gammon" type grenade variation, using an E5 fuze for the T-13 Beano.