What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

I would really love to have this one :) ..............................................

Regards, DJH

Attachments

• 155mm%20M449%202.jpg
    155mm%20M449%202.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 110
The interesting and strange thing about this round, is that the pusher plate and the spacer plate near the bottom have different offset thicknesses, so that the neighboring columns of submunitions aren't resting at the same level. The 16 inch projectile that U.S.-Subs posted some time back didn't have that type of structure.

Great images again!
- The T20 glass mine is great!
- Never seen such a simulator.
- Is that rifle grenade maybe a FAE?

The Davy Crockett is nice! Our friend Ordnance has one of the backpack frame assemblies like the one that is in the first photo.

Jeff, it you Davy crocket from the training round with HE charge, or from the service round. If the service round I could use some pics of the ass end, the height setting on the side, and exact dia and total length from nose to just where the fins start. If you got the time thanks just email me

Sorry Mike, you've got what I've got. Museum photos...

I saw my first one back in the early 90s, in the storage area at the Ft. Sill Museum. With this one that makes two, though this one has nicer paint.

I just have to have one of those M9 clusters! So how did you extract the safety pins or was the pin used as a shear wire?

Norman,
I don't know, its the only one I've seen and I've got no documentation. I'd love to find one though -
EOD - the darker green paint looks Chinese to me. If I were a guessing man I would say a post WWII copy, the start of the development path to the 107mm we all know and love today?

I wonder because of the "TNT" which I do not recall from Chinese ordnance.
Anybody here who can read the markings on that one?