What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

There were 3 versions, 2 of which had a liquid incendiary fill and 1 with a chemical fill.

Cheers

Pete

#1 rocket is a Canadian 3.2in "Heller", great to see a life version finally!
#2 is a German WWII bounding HEAT AT mine "Holladungs-Sprung-Mine 4672", an extremely scare item, not to mention the condition here
#3 is a Japanese rifle grenade (if my memory serves me)
#4 isa 122mm rocket fuze as they were recovered in Vietnam if my info is correct, should be a version of the MRV-U, would be good to know who made these, containers are unsusual, maybe specially made for Vietnam

Last edited:
Does anyone recognize the first item, third item or the tube with the German fuze (5th item)? The tube may be common, but it is not something that I recognize - ?

The T17 is fabulous, thanks for showing it. Mind if I use the photo?

The photo is courtesy of the US Government - for ID/research etc. purposes I cannot imagine anyone having a problem. I always expect that any photos I post on this site become part of the public domain and have no difficulties in collectors/researchers/authors using them.

For what its worth from Wikipedia on Public Domain: "Works of the United States Government and various other governments (in the U.S., i.e. local and state levels) are excluded from copyright law and may therefore be considered to be in the public domain..." And "U.S. federal government works are not eligible for copyright protection..." as a general rule.

Very interesting pictures, please keep them coming!

Thanks

Brian

Last edited: