What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

Correct! It existed in 2 sizes. Internal diameter 100mm and 170mm:

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 60
Information on star rockets similar to those in picture #7, from U.S. Navy OP - 4 Ammunition, Instructions For The Naval Service, 1923.

Brian

Attachments

• Star rocket 1.jpg
    Star rocket 1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Star Rocket 2.jpg
    Star Rocket 2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
The left projectile is a German made 220mm Semi-AP for captured Polish mortars. The caliber designation in the file name is incorrect.

The red tube is a German WWII air dropped message container.

The cube shaped item with the wooden rod is a Japanse mortar projectile in remarkable condition.

Hello,
could you please show the manufacturers code on the 22cm Hlbpzgr 31?

Thanks, Bob

Not my photos, so I am limited in showing what is available. Here are the only others with stamped markings.

25cm  4.jpg25cm  5.jpg

Attachments

• 25cm  4.jpg
    25cm 4.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 23
Just a WAG, but I'm thinking the cobalt blue quad rocket pack, is a subcaliber adaptor for the multiple flame launcher.

Not my photos, so I am limited in showing what is available. Here are the only others with stamped markings.

Thank You, that is what I needed.
I couldn’t quite decipher the manufacturers code bxb - Skoda Pilsen, former Czechoslovakia, manufactured during the war for the Germans. Possibly liberated by the U.S. troops in the Skoda factory.

Bob

Just a WAG, but I'm thinking the cobalt blue quad rocket pack, is a subcaliber adaptor for the multiple flame launcher.
That was the same thing I was thinking, but we will probably never know. It would be nice just to hold it next to a regular M202 reload pack for comparison. Does anyone recognize the mine?

Thank You, that is what I needed.
I couldn’t quite decipher the manufacturers code bxb - Skoda Pilsen, former Czechoslovakia, manufactured during the war for the Germans. Possibly liberated by the U.S. troops in the Skoda factory.

Bob

Bob, I think a 1942 production would not have stayed in the factory till 1945. After all the ammo was distributed over half Europe where these could have been found too then.

The blue pack is for the M202. It is the XM5 training clip. There is very little on it that I could locate.

Joe

That black grenade looks like a design of Salomon Lebensart of Vienna, he patented it in 1924-25. The fuze is an all-ways type. Seems the top cover is missing which is a rotating S&A device.

That rocket has a "US" in the file name but it has several Swedish features including the color markings. If so it is for their 80mm bazooka design.

The base fuzed projectile looks like a Skoda design made for Serbia (as per the markings). Is the "290" in the file name the caliber?

Great items again!

Last edited:
For the projo, the diameter is identified as 290mm. I don't have a lot of faith in some of these photos and measurements, however. They came from some projects that took place over several years. Many of the early ones were terrible, poor photos, poor resolution, poor identification info. Thankfully they improved greatly as time went on, they photo resolution improved, as did the quality of the photography itself. The painted markings on the rocket are APG, for Aberdeen Proving Ground. I have no doubt that they "borrowed" design features to test and try for their own purposes.

The base fuzed projectile looks like a Skoda design made for Serbia (as per the markings). Is the "290" in the file name the caliber?

Great items again!

It seems the projectile is made of painted wood. There was one "cutaway" just like this at the Military Academy in Brno (wooden) of 310mm diameter. I do not remember the markings.
There was a 30,5cm ostry minovy granat vz 15/28 for the 30,5 cm tezky mozdir vz. 16 (heavy mortar Mk. 16). The length of which was 945mm.
Between the wars it would be Yugoslavia ?

Bob

Last edited:
Aberdeen has / had a lot of German wood cutaways. We took pictures of them all, although the measurements might be off some due to the way they were kept. Some of the wood projectiles, like the one above, had real fuzes in them. I found it strange to have wood items and real fuzes, although it would make for cheaper items to train / study with.

Joe

With a caliber of 105mm and larger we may also think about the weight to be carried into class rooms...