What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

On the first set of images ...
the grenade with the Korean writing is supposed to be a South Korean M29 copy. I cannot verify this ... but thats what I know.

Joe

It looks like a French 89mm anti tank rocket for the LRAC F1 launcher

While I have measurements with many of these photos, there is normally no perspective given in the photo and some photos may be misleading on size. I haven't unlocked the Bombatorium yet, but I think I have one in the collection. If I recall correctly (or even close) it was a rocket boosted French rifle grenade, about 25mm in diameter?

Anyone have any ideas on the can in no.s 6,7,8? The markings on the side look almost like German, on the bottom almost like Vietnamese. Grenade, smoke candle? The clips on the end look familiar as well, but the ID is eluding me.

Smoke 2 on last set of images (thus far) is supposed to be Italian ...

If this helps.

Joe

While I have measurements with many of these photos, there is normally no perspective given in the photo and some photos may be misleading on size. I haven't unlocked the Bombatorium yet, but I think I have one in the collection. If I recall correctly (or even close) it was a rocket boosted French rifle grenade, about 25mm in diameter?

I was way off on that one. I believe the size I mentioned is about right, but the photos only mention a length of 319mm. It is identified as a GR 32 AP or Type 32 XP. Can anyone explain the STRIM marking? I thought that it was a model name, but I see several different designs with the same STRIM marking. I've attached a photo of the markings on the GR 32, plus a couple of photos of the boosted grenade I was thinking of. GR 32.jpg DSCN4843.jpgDSCN4844.jpg

Jeff,

STRIM is the French design house Societe Technique de Recherches Industrielles et Mecaniques. They designed a great number of grenades many of which were made under licence by other countries.

I have seen STRIM on SS-11 French Antitank rocket HEAT warheads that were also marked Aerospatiale

Bonnex, thanks for the hyperlink.

Actually, Google Translate works pretty well. There are over 200 pages of info about French Missile development in that link.

From the info: STRIM Technical Society Research mechanical industries

It is also referenced to NORD in part of the text.

Jeff,

Thanks for the photo of the T92. I've been looking for that one for decades.

Can anyone provide information on the U.S. 20mm T3 Anti-tank cartridge shown in the last set of pictures (7th picture from the left) ?

Thanks!

Brian

Photographs 12 and 13 above are of a French fuze, the 30/45 Modele 1878-1881 M 1915 i believe.

Cheers

Pete

Last edited:
The grenade shown in section is , I believe , Chinese ? I had one some years ago & was told it was Chinese from the 1930's .

According to the data card, Chinese captured in Korea.

The sphere is a German WW1 smoke grenade with liquid filler! The first I ever see! Thank you for this!

Attachments

• Zwischenablage01.jpg
    Zwischenablage01.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited: