What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

Attachments

• sken042.jpg
    sken042.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Does anyone know what the designation is for this German Experimental?

Attachments

• Body.JPG
    Body.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Section.JPG
    Section.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 14
John,

'Pot Sabot' and the one next to it is a 'Semi Sabot - base discarding'

TimG

Thanks Tim. Does it have a model number or experimental number assigned to it? I have 2 of them that I'm trying to label.

Sent from my NSA/FBI tapped iPhone using Tapatalk

John,

'Pot Sabot' and the one next to it is a 'Semi Sabot - base discarding'

TimG

Sorry to interrupt the thread but looking at the number and red stain on the cut surface I would say that all four photos show one projectile.
The only difference ist he sheetmetal sleve.

How was the projectile prevented from wobling in the barrel is my question.

Bob

Bob,

You're quite right they're all '743'. The 'semi sabot - base discarding' is very similar in appearance to the last two images, one suspects they are related. The document I have makes no mention as to how wobbling, barrel slap was prevented.

John,

The document I have makes no mention of the original German model number etc. It does however, make reference to drawings, which if they still exist, I shall try and view and advise you accordingly.

Tim

Hello,

I think picture 4 and picture 5 doesn't belong to the same set because on picture 4 it's the inner part of the ITALIAN all ways fuze "Olergon" (different versions) for grenade (and mortar)

Regards.

ICE-JV-170-6.JPG
ICE-JV-170-3.JPG
All ways fuze olergon.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I'l pass it on. You can see from the photo numbers that they were part of the same file, possibly mistakenly grouped by the museum.

Whow, what an incredibly well-conditioned T.Mi.29 practice .... I always wonder where such gems are coming from?