What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

Correct. A new batch from the research team. Some are from items on display, some from behind the scenes.

Correct, all three as shown in the group above. If you look closely in the photo you copied, you can just make out the nomenclature in the left photo.

Jeff, THANK YOU!!!! I have been following this thread since the beginning and have learned so much with the photos you have posted. I would love to visit your museum some day and talk ordnance all day. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

Thanks for the kind words, but please keep in mind that I have been given the photos (and permission to release them) from members of the EOD community that are taking them to add to the collective knowledge and database for EOD Techs. They did the hard work, I'm just taking in the kudos.

In regard to the Bombatorium, anyone that wants to visit is welcome, many of our members have. Just PM me and we'll set up a date.

Jeff,

Do you have any details about this fuze, what used on, date, country? (Your post of the 11th).

Many thanks

D

Sorry guys, I'm on the road hopping hotel to hotel, limited internet access at some points.

ICE-001-16-3.JPGDSC_0877.JPGDSC_0880.JPGDSC_0892.JPGDSC_1341.JPGDSC_1343.JPGDSC_1350.JPGDSC_3746.JPGDSC_3752.JPGICE-JV-247-4.JPGICE-JV-247-8.JPGICE-SJ-98-43  76mm.JPGICE-SJ-98-46.JPGICE-SJ-103-1 75mm.JPGICE-SJ-103-6.JPGICE-SJ-107-2 122mm.JPGICE-SJ-110-2.JPGICE-SJ-110-4.JPGICE-SJ-110-5.JPGICE-SJ-110-11.JPG

Thanks for posting the photo of the M118 bomb. I have a fin for one, but I've never seen a bomb photo before.

Jeff, do you know much about the M118? It looks like it doesn't take the normal screw-in bomb lugs like all the Mark series and the M117. It appears to be the only U.S. bomb with internal lug-type mounts.

I'm sure I've got some photos of others someplace, if I can find them. I'm still on the road at the moment, hope to get home mid-next week. Till then I've got no books or hard drive access, and limited internet so you will have to remind me.