What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

Hi Bellifortis, yes there is a way to download these films, I use Freemake Video Downloader. Its free for download

I use Realplayer Cloud, from Real.com It is free. If it is on your computer, you just mouse over the running video and a little window will appear that says "Download Video" You click in that window, and it will download the video to the video directory on your computer.

Once the video is on your computer, if you play it using realplayer, it will allow you to edit it by removing parts, or you can make photos from individual frames. You can play most types of other videos on realplayer and edit them the same way.

Jeff,

The item in the last three photos is a blank firing attachment for the M1919A6 Browning machine gun.

Thanks Rick, I thought it looked like a gun part. The lady speaks well of you, by the way.

aa DSC_0007 (4).JPGaa DSC_0008 (3).JPGaa DSC_0003 (6).JPGb DSC_0008 bv.jpgb.JPGb DSC_0004 (2).JPGh DSC_0001 (2).JPGh DSC_0005 (4).JPGh DSC_0006.JPGICE-AB1-218-1.JPGICE-AB1-218-4.jpgICE-JV-272-3.JPGICE-JV-272-7.JPGICE-JV-272-6.JPGICE-JV-272-6a.jpgICE-SJ-66-1.JPGICE-SJ-66-3.JPGICE-SJ-66-5.JPGICE-SJ-66-6.JPGICE-SJ-66-12.JPGICE-SJ-66-16.JPGICE-JV-261-4.JPGICE-JV-261-8.JPG

Attachments

• c DSC_0012a.jpg
    c DSC_0012a.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 26
Jeff,

Do you have any more info on the second HEP projectile, the OD one?

All six photos are of the same projectile, I can check for the data, but I would expect it have little more to offer other than oal.

Well, that is the part that is confusing, because the first two photos show a projectile that is more of a leaf green with a black band around the upper part, but the other photos show an OD projectile with no black band.

Many of the photos from this visit were shot with terrible lighting and have a heavy red/yellow color shift as well as heavy shadow, etc. I play with each photo in Photoshop to try and correct this and pull the detail back out, but I'm self taught and depending on the quality of the image, the color of the round etc. the end result is not always consistent. Doing what I can here, this is a part time gig. Check the photo ID number when you have a question, if it comes from the same file group it should be the same munition.

Many of the photos from this visit were shot with terrible lighting and have a heavy red/yellow color shift as well as heavy shadow, etc. I play with each photo in Photoshop to try and correct this and pull the detail back out, but I'm self taught and depending on the quality of the image, the color of the round etc. the end result is not always consistent. Doing what I can here, this is a part time gig. Check the photo ID number when you have a question, if it comes from the same file group it should be the same munition.

Original pictures - for a single day's post of 20 pictures it can take a fair amount of work to get the pictures ready. Some are better than others, but if it is an interesting piece I try to clean it up. Some are fine, others cannot be saved.

ICE-SJ-66-1.JPGICE-SJ-66-3.JPGICE-SJ-66-5.JPGICE-SJ-66-6.JPG

Back on the road again, head to the airport in an hour or two. I'll take a couple of hard drives along, but depending on time available there may be a few days before any pictures. Hope to get some nice shots while I make a bullet visit, stand by.....

DSC_1402.JPGDSC_3537.jpgDSC_3545.jpgDSC_3536.jpgICE-AB1-257-2.JPGICE-AB1-257-6.JPGICE-AB1-257-24.JPGICE-AB1-259-4.jpgICE-AB1-259-6.jpgICE-AB1-259-10.jpgICE-SJ-258-1.JPGICE-SJ-258-6.JPGICE-SJ-260-1  215mm.JPGICE-SJ-260-5.JPGICE-SJ-260-8.JPGICE-SJ-260-9.JPGICE-SJ-260-12.JPGICE-SJ-260-13.JPGICE-SJ-260-14.JPG