What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

Yes !!
An "EP" (Effetto Pronto) first type (round nose, low white band) for 75/18 SPG :tinysmile_twink_t:

Question: Which country, type, for which bomb ????

Attachments

• ICE-jv1-55-3.JPG
    ICE-jv1-55-3.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 34
Question: Which country, type, for which bomb ????
Hi Fusse2004,
it is the french "fuse dtonateur percutante d'ogive type M bis" for the "bombe antipersonnel de 14 kg".
WW2 fuze, evolution of the WW1 Michelin fuze.
Now, when I look on my docs, only on a picture, it's difficult to do the difference between the Michelin WW1 and the M Bis WW2 !

Yoda

Hello,
Us-Subs, with your italian items you did envy of many Italian fans .... including me. I would give a hand to get some of the objects shown....:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Any info about the fuze quoted especially the suitable shell?
About the french, what kind of shell is?
best regards

Hello Fert,

Never seen such a shell. The driving band looks like a band for 3pr (not French made).
The case is for 47mm Mle 1937 Gun. As far as I know this gun used APCBC shot Mle 36 and HE shell Mle 32 M39 (with strange fuze Gaba). The shell shown with the case is not one of the two rounds used in France.

Regards

Hello,
Us-Subs, with your italian items you did envy of many Italian fans .... including me. I would give a hand to get some of the objects shown....:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Fert,
not my items but I share your admiration. Hopefully someday the Ordnance Museum will re-open and the collection will be available to everyone to see. In the meantime I am just grateful that I was given access to the photos to share -

Documentation says 57mm for the first item, but I suspect it may be a typo - ? Looks like a 47mm to me.

ICE-HC1-155-2  57mm.JPGICE-HC1-155-4.JPGICE-HC1-155-18.JPGICE-HC1-155-8.jpgICE-jv1-25-4.JPGICE-jv1-25-8.JPGICE-HC1-156-2.JPGICE-HC1-156-13.JPGICE-HC1-156-8.JPGICE-jv1-151-3.JPGICE-jv1-151-5.JPGICE-HC1-159-2.JPGICE-HC1-159-6.JPGICE-jv1-12-2.JPGICE-jv1-12-5.JPGICE-HC1-160-2.JPGICE-HC1-160-3.JPGICE-HC1-160-7.JPGICE-jv1-16-5.JPGICE-jv1-16-9.JPG

Sorry guys, every picture takes 3-4 minutes to prep for posting, between work and daily family issues I just have not had any time recently to prep photos and have run out. I'll work on it this weekend. JO

The blue tip says that the fuze is used on mountain gun ammunition - Gebirgsgeschtz.
Also found on AZ 23 Geb.
Bob

Last edited: