What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

Hello Fert,

-First, looks like a Czech 47cm Vz36 with HO fuze (Az34 (t))
-Second, same idea, Czech or Yugo round.

Regards

Hello Fert,

-First, looks like a Czech 47cm Vz36 with HO fuze (Az34 (t))
-Second, same idea, Czech or Yugo round.

Regards

Hello Minenaz16,
thank you, what I'm look for are the meaning of the marking 47mm A6, not czech standard, I think export round...
best regards

Hello,
A6 is a factory designation of 47mm fortress gun, military "covert" designation L1, introduced as 4cm kanon vz. 36.
This must be early factory round manufactured in 1936.
Bob

Last edited:
Hello,
I think it's a 15cm mod 28 Mine shell, I'm sure Bob know more.
regards

Hello,
I have to say that this area is not really my field of expertise.
Jeffs pics prove to me more than often the lack of information I have on our own ammunition.
It could be that most of the information was taken to the US by Jeffs predecessors :)

The round in question probably is 15cm polopancřov grant (semi armor piercing - Halbpanzergranate) for heavy howitzer (factory designation K2)

Bob

Attachments

• sken045.jpg
    sken045.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 40

Hello, this is italian 37mm HE round used in aircraft and anti aircraft semi automatic hotchkiss gun 37/21. Same shell used in the 37/40 (37x202).
CB=carica di balistite, ballistite loaded.

Hello,
I have to say that this area is not really my field of expertise.
Jeffs pics prove to me more than often the lack of information I have on our own ammunition.
It could be that most of the information was taken to the US by Jeffs predecessors :)

The round in question probably is 15cm polopancřov grant (semi armor piercing - Halbpanzergranate) for heavy howitzer (factory designation K2)

Bob

I know the 15cm K2 was used by Romania and Jugoslavia. 15cm sFH402(j) not listed in german manuals....
the shell shape is quite similar to 15cm Mod 28, height and driving band differs.
best regards

The case is interesting, but I was suprised by the projectile. Look closely at the placement of the rotating band. I also liked the 57mm included a week or so ago with the bottle-necked case.

I was in a hurry before and missed the forward location of driving band on the 57mm RR, looks like it could be another variation in an experimental series.