What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

No comments on the bomb? I thought that was the neatest piece in the group. I'd love to find a document -

Not much I'm afraid. Only a little stamping on the side and one small stamp on the base. It is a cutaway but both images of the cutaway side are blurred and not very good.

ICE-SJ-200-13.jpgICE-SJ-200-17.jpgICE-SJ-200-17a.jpg

Second and third picture from the left; the BLU-4b. I am still looking desperately for one. If anybody has one for trade , please let me know. I have some nice stuff for trade , either will pay.

Fifth picture from the right, is that a Davy Crocket instruction model?

Regards, DJH

Last edited:
I thought that might gather some interest. My guess would be a US trials piece?

I thought that might gather some interest. My guess would be a US trials piece?

There was a British configuration identical to this. Excuse the two part drawing. The "Not for manufacture" annotation means that the drawing is not to guide manufacture rather than saying "dont make this". In fact the drawing is to show the 'Storage Outline' (SO) of the round for storage and packaging purposes.

37SVa.jpg

37SVb.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
Have to ask, what is this projectile (shown below)? I have never seen a design like this. Beautiful engineering :)

Jason

ICE-JV-241-20.JPGICE-JV-241-35.JPG

Last edited:
As far as I know a WW2 experimental German rocket assisted shell. The explosive charge was in the back, as wel as a base fuze. The rocket was ignited by a Zt.Z 30 (fg).

Regards, DJH