What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

That is over three miles, I don't remember the yield, but you could probably look it up. I'll bet they had a good view.

I just had to look it up. It had a 1.5KT yield, was called Operation Plum Bob, and detonation was between 18,500' and 20,000' above mean see level (15,000 AGL @ Yucca Flats) and it was said that the dosage the observers received in neutron and gama was negligible :neutral:. It was to show that the weapon could be used over populated areas. I wonder if they handed out the film badges afterwards. Cheers, Bruce.

The Nuke warhead for the Nike Herc detonated at just about that altitude too. But it had a hell of a lot heavier warhead then 1.5kt Always wondered about what the radiation and ground damage would be from one of those. When I was doing environmental site assessments at former Nike sites for the Corp of Engineer it was amazing how many site had nuke warheads, normally only 1 per battery, the largest number I found was 3.

Hello Yoda,
it was produced up to 41 and then replaced by the new model.
the new model was already posted in this forum.. when at home I'll post doc.
regads

Hello,
here the new EP model
75mm HL-projo 75-13-18-27-32, 1, Italy1.jpg
the different italian HEAT rounds, here used in 75/18 tank gun
75-18-carica cava rid.jpg
the old model in a famous pic
75-18_rid.jpg

best regards

I love that 105MM APFSDS-T round! Do you have any information on it? Totally new sabot design to me :)

Jason

Jeff,

Do you have any more info about the 8 inch M106 with the Electronics on the nose?

Jeff,

Do you have any more info about the 8 inch M106 with the Electronics on the nose?

None. It looks like what, at White Sands, we used to call a telemetry round, used to test processes and gather flight data for a more complicated projectile that we normally referred to as just "the new 8-inch".

Hello,

I assume it's an Italian 20mm. What is the filling ? (maybe a question for Fert)

Regards

ICE-JV-162-5.JPG