What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

Hallo, here is some info for the 7,5cm french/german ammo.
Bob

Attachments

• DSC02383.jpg
    DSC02383.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 29
Jeff,

There is a photo of a two-stage mechanical fuze in the top of the GB rocket warhead. Do you have any idea what the physical size is of that fuze? I can see a T number for the fuze. Can you read the T number from your photos?

Last edited:
Most of the double and triple timer fuzes I've seen were T 2000 series, I'll check tonight but I don't think that there is a better picture in the file. Got to see if I can get to work this morning - not sure yet how much snow we got or are getting.

John,

Try - Fuze, Rocket Mechanical Time, Model No. MT M421 (Federal Stock Number 1340-724-8165) formerly known as Fuze, Rocket: T207E1

TimG

Looks close, here is a quick Photoshop of the tag from the photo above. May be a later E modification as there seems to be more after the 207 - ?

ICE-ES-43-16.JPG

Maybe yes. But I am not sure if the L3,3 existed during WW1 and the shell from the photo is from 1916 made by Krupp in Magdeburg. On the photo it looks like it has a small fuze thread, maybe US-Subs has one more photo?

Last edited:
Jeff,

There is a photo of a two-stage mechanical fuze in the top of the GB rocket warhead. Do you have any idea what the physical size is of that fuze? I can see a T number for the fuze. Can you read the T number from your photos?

Checked, no better picture of the fuze is available. As a side note, did you notice the 16-inch cut-away as a size comparison beside the warhead?

Thank you for the fuze fotos, that's a hard one... It looks like a fuze for universal shells (Granatschrapnell) with two separated ignition channels.

I don't know many countries which were using this type of fuze key. One of them are the USA but it does not look like a US fuze. The only other country I know (this has nothing to say) with this type of fuze key is Norway. Maybe a type of a Quisling fuze?

Last edited: