What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War n Peace show

Beltring

I will be there with a British Army Living History display.
I am portraying what I did when I served myself. It is a Battalion Armourer Sgt in the Field.
This will consist of a Bedford RL 3 Totn Truck with 120mm MOBT Anti-Tank Gun.
An Armourers field workshop tool chest combined workbench. All tools, Gauges & Appurpences appertaining to My Trade.

It will be an actual WORKING display where I will be executing repairs, adustments, modifications & inspections to small arms & machine guns (Deact Mostly) But I am able to service, clean & repair Live items (Legally Held) also on site. If you want to see a REAL Armourer plying his trade, professionaly & how it SHOULD be done.
There will be some EXTREMELY rare Deact Weapons there, that you will NOT normally see in Private hands!
The Armourer also covers 120mm Recoiless Weapons as well as Mortars & Rarden Cannon.
Come & see me. I would be very pleased to meet BOCN members, & anyone interested in SA & MG's.
(Anyone who has any Brit 81mm Mortar Bombs (L16 Mortar) cheap for sale, please bring with you!)

Bring a Larger with you please......(Only Joking, But it WOULD be appriciated!) :wink:
Mike

Last edited:
Bags just about packed . Looking forward to meeting fellow BOCN members
Regards Daryl

Daryl,
Do you know a fellow collector by the name of Iain King? He maybe a member on BOCN.
I ask because i have 2 parcels for him to collect from my pal 'Stielgranate' on BOCN. :)

cheers

waff

Beltring Photographs

Here are some of todays highlights from Beltring War and Peace show-did a quick tour with another member and met a few fellow BOCN members even sat and had a bevvie with them.
So when you get there aim for Waffs stand with Mick and you will find the main dealers Steve, Ben and Jack along with John all under one roof and at the other end of the row and off towards the east end is another dealer who also has a lot of Ordnance for sale.
The turnout was good and the stalls had plenty of cases and projectiles although I think Fuzes and Mortars are at a reduced number this year.
Hope that if you go you all enjoy yourselves.

Attachments

• Beltring 10-A.jpg
    Beltring 10-A.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Beltring 10-B.jpg
    Beltring 10-B.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 120
  • BELTRING C.JPG
    BELTRING C.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 114
  • BELTRING D.JPG
    BELTRING D.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 114
  • BELTRING G.JPG
    BELTRING G.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 122
  • BELTRING H.JPG
    BELTRING H.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 106
  • BELTRING J.JPG
    BELTRING J.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 110
  • BELTRING K.JPG
    BELTRING K.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 103
  • BELTRING L.JPG
    BELTRING L.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 104
So what did everyone get from Beltring?

I was fortunate enough to get a really nice 23mm NR Practice AP round.
SG500 got a really nice and most likely experimental Hispano Suiza case.
Tigbrand bought a few items and seemed to be very pleased with a blanking plug for a 2 pounder HE shell.
Charlie walked away with an armfull of Rardens but strangely missed what I think is an electric primed case and two experimentals sat on the next stall:tinysmile_cry_t3:
As for Waff, well what can we say as he got on his favourite "hobby horse" and waxed lyrical about a really nice propaganda rocket with all the required Waffenampt stamps as well as real beauty of a 152 mm HE shell in its original crate V.V. nice !
So good luck when you go.
And it was really nice to meet you guys SG500, Richard B, Tigbrand, Quatermass and Charlie

Attachments

• BELTRING E.JPG
    BELTRING E.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 93
  • BELTRING Z.jpg
    BELTRING Z.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
An excellent day at Beltring.. met up with Daryll, Tigbrand, Chris and his family today, a great day out indeed, a few nice bits andwill post piccs later ,,, Left old Waffy drooling over a box of fuses, eesh, he was like greyhound out of the trap. Bless him ;)
good to meet up and put a face to a name.

Regards nick,,

Great day

Hi all,

I had a great day! Got an old 18pdr shrap round, and three 13pdr shrapnel projectiles, a standard 13pdr case, a 13pdr9cwt case and met up with Depotman and got some nice primers from him (thanks Trevor). I didn't know anyone else but remember looking in your stall waff, if I'd known I'd have said hi!

Ben.

Will any of you be there on Friday? All being well I should be having a walk round on Friday.

Hi Chris,
Thanks for taking some good pictures for those of us that cant be there this year. Looks like a good selection of ordnance to drool over this year. Good to hear that some other members got themselves some bits and pieces. I would have taken a mountain bike this year to get about but having seen Waffs new method of transport i have to get myself one for next year.
Best regards Weasel.

Good pictures Chris.
Definitely a good day out and managed to hoover up a pile of goodies..........
Dave.

Hey Guys:
I would love to be there with all of you, arrggghhhh how I envy you right now!!!!!! :bawling: I have to change country... :vroam: I wish to all of you who can go to the show for find nice deals. Waff dont drink to much beer, your "bike" is unstable:ridinghorse: Chris thank you for the pics, please, all of you who go to the show would be nice to take some pics and post them here for the poor Guys that cannot go... Also say Hello to Ben and Jack from Miguel from Spain. Good Luck Guys!!!! :santaclaus:

Had a great day too, met a few Bocn members, got some nice Mills and Waff told me his hangovers so far have been beareable but there's both a Friday and a Saturday night to come. The 152 mm crated shell was impressive too.

Andy

War and Peace finds

Hi, how about a new thread on members finds at War and Peace over the coming days. I went today (Wednesday) and picked up a few things, as soon as I am near my camera again I will share some pics.

Was a little sad seeing boxes full of battlefield relics all unlabeled and mixed together, it is such a shame when the history is lost forever.

On a positive note was great to see a good selection of ordnance, but it is hard on the eyes and feet with so many stalls to look at.

Dan

Hi Dan,

actually, i was a little suprised to see a stall selling nothing but dug relics that had a lot of the remains of old leather boots. These must have once had feet in them and it made me think a little. However, i kept my thoughts to myself [for once].
Great day.

Andy