What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

Love the photos of the German torpedo fuze! Looks like a modification of the Pi4?

Jason

Hello,
looks like this one, just the safety pin is differernt.

Bob

Attachments

• obr11b.jpg
    obr11b.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 51
thanks Bob
12 sec time and percussion mod 91. the safety pin looks in different position as you say....
regards

hello, again nice italian rounds.
A 77/28 shrapnel round. Case it's the original austro hungarian 8cm M5 case cutted to 230mm (same used on austro hungarian 8cm M16) with italian 1935 marking. Shell it's austrian 8cm M13 shrapnel reworked to match with italian fuze mod 906/17 (only time fuze). Color code it's the 1931 standard, grey shell, with dark red stripe above driving band (means shrapnel) and the red ogive (loaded shell)
any other pics please?
shrapnel da 77-28.jpg

Second as shows by the label it's a blank round for 75/27 field gun. The wood projectile was used in other caliber for tblank round up to 210mm.
proiettile da salve copia.jpg
best regards

Hello,
anyone knows if the german made round it's for the russian 76,2mm gun?

The primer hole looks much to large for a 76,2 mm case. I also wonder which calibre this cartridge has? If the calibre would be in 75 - 76,2 mm range, the length would be around 520 mm.

Last edited:
Doesn't look as though I will have a chance to check until this weekend, soon......

Hello,
Bob, please correct me if I'm wrong, 7.5cm Jgr Patrh. 38 HL/A was used also in 7.5cm JG 18 ?
regards

Hello,
anyone knows if the german made round it's for the russian 76,2mm gun?
about the czech, could it be the 6.6cm vz30? it's possible to know the lenght of the case please?
best regards

Data on the round is not real clear, they were not that concerned about data on the case. Data reads as follows:

Over all length - 277mm
exposed - 195mm
cartridge - 395mm
Rim - 74mm

Hello Fert,

-The Italian fuze shown (used on 105 pancani), is it the fuze called M12 ?

-I assume the first shell shown is the HE version of Czech Skoda 6.6cm ?

-Picture of a 18Pr streamline Smk (source : BOCN)

Regards

18pr streamline smk.jpg

Hello MINEN,

fuze was developed from Mod 12, but is not the same fuze
here the mod 12
Mod 12.jpg
best regards