What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

Really nice Hydrostatic fuze in the first 4 pics. I have a very similar earlier MOD one and was told it was for a depth charge?

Jason

Really nice Hydrostatic fuze in the first 4 pics. I have a very similar earlier MOD one and was told it was for a depth charge?

Jason

Not certain, as some of the mines also used similar devices for arming, etc., like the air dropped mine photo number 89800 on the previous page, near the top. For US EOD the Navy was always very territorial, they guarded the info and tasks related to all UW stuff very jealously, even all the way back to WWII stuff. In EOD school we land dwellers were begrudgingly given 1/2 day of UW ordnance, not even a basic recognition course.

Not certain, as some of the mines also used similar devices for arming, etc., like the air dropped mine photo number 89800 on the previous page, near the top. For US EOD the Navy was always very territorial, they guarded the info and tasks related to all UW stuff very jealously, even all the way back to WWII stuff. In EOD school we land dwellers were begrudgingly given 1/2 day of UW ordnance, not even a basic recognition course.

I believe the proper term is: landlubbers
Sometimes preceded and followed with assorted adjectives.:captain:

Thanks like the m117 pic good reference for the one I want to repaint! Also love the copperhead, do the fins come out on that version?

I don't think so, it looks like a trainer for gun-bunnies. No need for moving components that they would not normally see.

That's what I thought I just picked one up in the crate bet its never even been out of case! Since i have no time to ever play i have yet to yank it out to play around with it! Someone well known here got the sister one. Are the copperhead trainers hard to find?

Last edited:
I picked up a very similar one in green several years ago while visiting fellow member Ordnance; found at a local surplus dealer. For some reason I am unable to attach a photo right now, maybe later.

Looks the same as mine. I like the double, never seen that one before.

Torpedo Gyro, US.jpg

Each side of the double MK48 gyro is also a lot larger then the MK37. I think modern MK48 ADCAP torpedoes now utilize laser ring gyros?

You and me both. Maybe we'll get lucky and find a pair.