What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Museum Ordnance Photos

US',

The Fliegerfaust 'cassette', the paint is all wrong on the rounds. Do you know if this a mock up or did someone get carried away with a restoration?

TimG

It looks like a fired clip which got "reloaded" (and I hope not finally ruined) by somebody which should have done something he had the skill for.

A bad example for when people start "restoring" something... supporting what Jeff recently said about copies and restaurations.

Last edited:
I have no idea, it is an item in the museum's holdings. Whether it was received that way (donation) or if someone "fixed" it I have no way of knowing.

I wonder because of the "TNT" which I do not recall from Chinese ordnance.
Anybody here who can read the markings on that one?

The Chinese markings on the rocket next to the 488 say.........Rocket.

The marking at the top next to the 724 aren't clear enough for a translation

Cheers

Pete

Keep in mind that the US supported the Chinese during WWII (limited) and passed on some equipment and such. When items were re-marked or copied some subjects don't always translate well and you saw (even today) English words or abbreviations injected in the middle of a Chinese description. It happens in conversations as well, always funny to be standing in the middle of a Chinese discussion and be hearing blah, blah, blah, blah, burster-tube, blah, blah, blah. I asked the first time or two when I would hear English words interjected, I was always told "we don't have a word for that" or "your word is better, to hard to say in Chinese".

I still think that the key feature is the shade of green. Obviously not the only color used, but very typical of Chinese ordnance.

Thanks for sharing US-Subs : nice fuze ; French 24-65mm Time & Perc. fuze (with time system "Vaucanson").

Hi,
nice italian 37mm L/20,6 HE shell, CB means carica di balistite, ballistite loaded

Thanks Fert,

I was curious to know what is this strange shell !

From wich period ?

Do you have a diagram Fert ?

Can you tell me what are the holes in the nose ?

Cheers

Last edited: